Saturday 8 December 2012

37 Weeks

Today I am 37 weeks pregnant! This pregnancy has gone by in such a blur I really don't know where the time went. I think because my focus is mainly on Alice these days remembering I don't really think about my pregnancy as much as I would have when I was pregnant on Alice.


This weekend is Alice's weekend with her Daddy so we didn't have long together this morning before he came to pick her up. We did get to play doctors though before he came to pick her up. I ended up being the patient. I have no idea what was wrong with me but she checked the inside of my mouth a lot of times as well as checking her own heartbeat.

 


After Daddy came to pick her up to play for the day I got a few moments to myself before my Mum came to pick me up and off we went to my old flat to give it a huge clean up before I hand the key back to the Landlord tomorrow. It was a big job and we spent about 5 hours there cleaning it from top to bottom!


Unfortunately whilst we were there my Mum got a call from my brother, Hugh, to say that he was in a car accident and that his car had gone into a tree and that his head was bleeding a lot. Luckily there was no one else involved in the car accident and he came out of the whole thing remarkably well with only a small cut and bump to his forehead. He is as far as I'm aware doing well just very shaken up by the whole thing. I'm very happy that he came out of this with minimal damage to himself.


Anyway, because of all this my Dad had gone to him straight away leaving Emily at their house by herself and my Mum went to go and pick her up and bring her over to the flat so that we could carry on.

It is so nice to have the flat all finished with now and I can hand over the keys tomorrow without any worries about there being anything else to do there!

Once I got home I had about an hour to myself before Alice came back home. I always miss her so much when she goes to see her Daddy and it's always so lovely to get her back home. I enjoy the many cuddles and kisses I get and when she tells me that she missed me just makes me realise how much I love being her Mummy, obviously I love being her Mummy regardless it's just nice that she misses me just as much as I miss her!

She got settled right in and next thing I know I'm in Mummy mode and she's asking me to read her stories. Well, she asked me to read her stories but then she decides that she'd much rather just read them herself!




Whilst we were at the flat we picked up the last bits and pieces that had been left at the flat. One of those things were Alice's curtains! So now she finally has curtains in her bedroom, it makes the room look a lot more cosy in my opinion.


Whilst we were sitting on the couch this evening Megan was moving around quite a bit and I thought I'd try and get Alice to have a feel. I don't think Alice really knows what is happening but I do try and keep telling her that she will be having a little sister. So whilst Alice was touching my tummy she said that my tummy was rumbling, bless her. So I corrected her and said that that was her little sister, she then proceeded to rub my tummy and say "hello little sister". Oh my goodness it was the cutest thing! I really can't explain how sweet it was. I have all these worries about how she is going to cope when Megan does finally make her appearance but in some ways I think she will be absolutely fine. I had this huge panic before we moved thinking that this was all going to be too much for her but Alice has just taken it all in her stride and is still so happy and content. I reckon she will be an amazing big sister, she is just so loving and caring and extremely helpful as well as polite. She will teach her sister so much, Megan is extremely lucky to have her to look up to as they grow up.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Claire
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment